DS-4000 Digital Voice Recorder
You no longer have to send tapes in the mail. You can now dictate while you are on the road. You can send the voice files via the network to your office to be typed. Once they are transcribed, the finished copies can be sent back to you in no time. This saves you days over the old method of sending your tapes via “snail mail” to your office.
The Olympus DS4000 has many features that will not only save you time..it will also make Transcriptionist much more efficient. This frees up their time allowing them to be even more productive than they already are. Your Transcriptionist would require the optional Olympus AS-4000 Pc Transcription Kit.
- Slide Switch Operation.
Quiet and easy to use slide switch results in high performance, comfort, and increased productivity.
- DSS Player Pro Software.
Included software will automate, streamline, and manage your dictation process at a whole new level.
- Programmable Buttons.
Provides customized functions to suit your dictation needs. The recorder firmware can also be programmed for additional functionality and flexibility.
- Hands-Free Recording.
When used with optional footswitch (RS25).
- Over 11 Hours DSS Audio.
With the included 32MB xD-Picture Card, you can record more than 11 hours of superb quality DSS audio.
- Dual Function Cradle.
Recharges the Ni-MH battery pack and provides for fast and easy uploading/downloading of data to PC.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Slide Switch Operation is quiet and easy to use, resulting in high performance, comfort, and increased productivity.
- Records in DSS (Digital Speech Standard) format, developed primarily to meet dictation and transcription needs.
- Record more than 11 hours of superb quality DSS audio with the included 32MB xD-Picture Card and up to 179 hours, 30 minutes with a 512MB card.
- Improved DSS Player Pro software provides automatic download and backup of recordings; automatic distribution of recordings via email or FTP to other users; direct recording onto your PC; managing and changing settings on your recorder; playing and editing of recordings on your PC; and automatic retrieval of typed documents and much more.
- Compact design and light metal finish combine for a recorder with a professional look and feel and large easy to read LCD with backlight
- Dual function cradle for recharging of Ni-MH battery pack and downloading data to a PC.
- Two programmable buttons, A and B, to implement functions per user dictation preferences.
- Choose between two combinations of recording modes, SP or LP, and recording sensitivity, Dictate or Conference, to suit your recording needs.
- The DS-4000’s automatic voice activation keeps recordings free from dead space and saves recording capacity and time during transcription.
- Up to 10 users ID’s and 10 Work Types can be programmed on the recorder to support user environment where recorders are exchanged amongst professionals.
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery pack for added convenience automatically charges when the recorder is placed in the cradle.
- The DS-4000 allows for easy editing of existing recordings by appending, overwriting, inserting, and erasing or partial-erase of recording.
- The DS-4000 recorder can categorically classify and store recording in any of the 7 different folders that can be programmed on the recorder. Each folder can store up to 199 messages per folder.
- Designed to withstand the heavy usage of the professional user. Durable switches and connectors of the DS-4000 are designed to eliminate or minimize the down time.
- When the DS-4000 is left unused and in stop mode for a set amount of time, it will automatically shut itself off.
- The DS-4000 transfer rate of dictation from the recorder to PC or vise versa has been improved to reduce time spent waiting for the transfer process to finish.
- The DS-4000 will automatically synchronize its clock with your PC using the DSS Player Pro Dictation software.
- The DSS Player Pro Dictation software supports encryption of dictations before sending as email attachments or via FTP.
- The DS-4000 supports hands-free recording with the optional RS-25 footswitch. Connect the RS-25 to the cradle, place the recorder in the cradle and you are ready to go.
- Multi-level alarms can be enabled and set to meet various needs.
- The DS-4000 supports and displays language in English, French, and German.
- Splash screen automatically displays default time of day greeting when DS-4000 is turned on, or you can program your own greeting (up to 20 characters).
- Compatible with IBM Via Voice for Windows®.
|Recording Format||DSS (Digital Speech Standard).|
|Recording Media||xD-Picture Card : 16 – 512MB (non “M” type).|
|Recording Time||With included 32MB card:
SP mode: 5 hours, 10 minutes.
LP mode: 11 hours, 5 minutes.
|Input Level||-70 dBv.|
|Folders Messages||1 to 7 folders/199 messages per folder.|
|Sampling Frequency||SP mode: 12 kHz.
LP mode: 8 kHz.
|Overall Frequency Response||SP mode: 300 to 5,000 Hz.
LP mode: 300 to 3,000 Hz.
|Demographic Data Input||Author ID, Work Type, Date/Time, Priority, Index, etc.|
|Practical Maximum Output||180 mW or more.|
|Speaker||Built in ø28mm round dynamic speaker.|
|Microphone Jack||ø3.5mm mini-jack, impedance MIC 2k.|
|Earphone Jack||ø3.5mm mini-jack, impedance EAR 8 or more.|
|Batteries||Ni-MH Rechargeable Battery Pack (BR402) or two (2) AAA batteries or two (2) Ni-MH rechargeable batteries (BR401).|
|External Power Supply||No|
|Battery Life||Alkaline: Recording (approx. 20 hours); Playback (approx. 12 hours)
Ni-MH Rechargeable: Recording (approx. 15 hours); Playback (approx. 10 hours)
|Size||4.3″ x 1.9″ x 0.7″ (without protrusions).|
|Weight||103 g (including Ni-MH rechargeable battery pack (BR402).|
|OS Supported||Windows: Microsoft Windows 98/98SE/Me/2000 Professional/XP Professional, Home Edition
Mac: Mac OS 9.0 – 9.2.2/10.1 – 10.3.
|CPU||Windows: Intel Pentium II class 333 MHz processor or faster (Processor 500 MHz or faster is recommended)|
|RAM||Windows: 64MB or more (128MB or more is recommended).
Mac: 64MB or more (128MB or more is recommended).
|Sound Board||Windows: Creative Labs Sound Blaster 16 or 100% compatible card.|
|Video Card and Display||Windows: 800 x 600 pixels or more, 256 colors or more.
Mac: 800 x 600 pixels or more, 256 colors or more.
|Removable Drive||Windows: 2x or faster CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-ROM drive.
Mac: 2x or faster CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-ROM drive.
|USB Port||Windows: One or more free ports.
Mac: One or more free ports.
|Audio Output||Windows: Microphone input and earphone output or speaker.
Mac: Earphone output or speakers.
- DS-4000 Digital Voice Recorder.
- 32MB xD-Picture Card™ removable media.
- CR3 Multi-function cradle/docking station.
- AS10 AC Adapter.
- KP11 USB Cable.
- DSS Player Pro Dictation software.
- User Manual.
- Warranty Card.
- Quick Reference Guide.